Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Errors and Peer Review

My 5 Errors in my paper


 1.
Error: The second reaction pressures brings to us is mental reactions.
Problem: Pressures, should not have a s at the end, and some rewording.
Correction: The second reaction to pressure is mental reactions.


2.
Error: We have the natural tendency to think, “I better hurry”, “I am running out of time”, or “Im taking too much time on this question, better guess on it”.
Problem: The commas should go in the quotations. also Im should be changed to I am or I'm. Some rewording as well.
 Correction: We have the natural tendency to think "i better hurry," I am running out of time," or "I am taking too much time on this question, I better make a guess"

3.
Error:  We also wouldn’t feel rush, or uncomfortable while taking the test and. we would do their best and that’s what everyone wants. 
Problem: hahaha.. a lot. There shouldn't be a period after and. As well, there is no need for a comma before  the or. Their, should we changed to our(because Im trying to include myself in the paper). Also that's should be changed to thats or that is(there is not possession)
Correction: We also wouldn't feel rushed or uncomfortable while taking the test. We would do our best and that is what everyone wants.

4.
Error:  We will take more time to analyze, think, read, write, which will increase our performance, scores, and knowledge. 
Problem: there should be a "and" put after read. 
Correction: We will take more time to analyze, think, read, and write, which will increase our performance, scores, and knowledge.

5.
Errors:  Even with all those other worrys, we yet worry more about time. 
Problem: worrys is incorrect. It should be worries. As well needs some reworking.
Correction: Even with all those worries, we yet seem more worried about time.   

Please correct me if I am wrong. Some are very confusing.

My feelings about Peer Reviews

I really liked the peer reviews. It really helped me see some of the big errors I had in my opinion editorial. It also gave me ideas of how to structure, organize, and improve my paper. Many of these ideas i didn't see, and were great ways to improve my paper! By having 4 other people review my paper, I found all the things wrong with my paper and can see if my paper was efficient and if it was worth writing. If my peer reviewers like it, then my audience will like it! thats logic!
 

4 comments:

  1. You've made some good corrections, and I have just a few more to make. The first example might need to be revised a bit further. I would try to avoid repeating "reactions," and instead you could use the verb form "react" instead of "reactions." For example: "Secondly, our bodies reaction mentally to pressure."

    You've corrected the second example but there's just ONE more correction: you've got a comma splice here: "I am taking too much time on this question, I better make a guess." Here's how to fix it: "I am taking too much time on this question; I better make a guess."

    On number five, the sentence works without the "yet."

    That's it! You've made some good headway, so keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great organization for the corrections part. It's so clear!
    Good corrections too, looks like you found a lot:). This blog post was nice in that way, it really made me look at my paper and force myself to find mistakes, which I've never really had to do before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quotation mistakes are soooo common! I do that all the time. I agree with natalie though that some of these sentences can be a bit confusing even with the rewording. Make sure you say everything outloud so you can hear what might be confusing or have unecessary words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the impression your paper had something to do with the testing center. And, I think that's great, because that is a building that I can't stand for the life of me.
    Also, I liked your perspective of peer reviews, because yes, they are very logical! It is good to think that if the people who read your paper understand it, then it must be a good paper! Haven't thought about it that way.

    ReplyDelete