Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Solution | Websites

Solution

I was having a hard time finding quotes from my sources. I realized that I just need to spend more time reading and looking through them. Skimming through the paragraphs and looking for the main points also helped me find the important things instead of just reading from the beginning.

Effective Websites
1. www.apple.com
its simple, beautiful, and just awesome

2. www.google.com
its google! lets all admit it... its simple.. and its completes its main purpose which is to search.

3. www.pandora.com
Easy. Simple. awesome.

4. www.washingtonpost.com
Show informational and important news on home page. Show most popular pages to the side and trending new on top! My favorite political news website.

Ineffective Websites
1. www.drudgereport.com/
I can't believe this was on page one of google. I searched news and this site came up. Its horrible. Its not appealing to the eyes(my eyes want to burn). Organization is horrible. No main menu bar. Too much text links.

2. www.dpgraph.com/
Wow... the background is a bunch of crappy moving graphics! I want to have a seizure!!!

3. www.sixtiespress.co.uk/
was this made in the sixties?!? disorganized. distracting.

4. www.monster.com/
I thought I do a kind of popular website for the last one. I feel its distracting with all the things around its main search bar. It also has WAY too much advertising around it! I hate annoying advertising... especially pop-ups or in this case where the it sides the page down and a ad comes down from the top. The other content on the home page is small and doesn't stand out. It should be a important part and be more simple.

2 comments:

  1. I think that Apple and pandora are great and easy websites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your websites! And your issues paper problems too. Basically, if it wasn't plagiarism, I could have just copied and reposted your post.

    ReplyDelete